Table of Contents
Exercise Desert Flag-VI
IAF participated in the exercise Desert flag-VI for the first time hosted by UAE.
The sixth round of the exercise was conducted from 04 Mar – 27 Mar 21 at Air Force Base Al Dhafra, UAE
UAE, USA, France, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain apart from India participated with aerial assets.
Jordan, Greece, Qatar, Egypt and South Korea participated as observer forces
Objectives for the exercise
- expose coalition participating forces to large force employment
- sharpen tactical capabilities
- enhance interoperability
- fostering closer relations between the participating forces
- expose them to operational environment in scenarios requiring multinational forces working together
Indian Airforce Assets Involved in exercise Desert Flag-VI
- Su-30MKI fighter aircraft
- IAF C-17 Globe master aircraft
Benefits of India in participating in exercise.
- collaborative engagements are enhanced
- bolstering professional capabilities
- unique opportunity to gain valuable learning to all the participating forces.
Learn about FATF here: https://upsccolorfullnotes.com/fatf-upsc-fatf-for-upsc-exam/