Table of Contents
PM Atma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana
|Announced on 1st February, 2021|
|Centrally Sponsored Scheme|
|Duration: 6 years till FY 25-26|
|Budgetary Outlay of about Rs.64,180 Cr|
- The National Health Policy (NHP) 2017 targeted to raise India’s Public HealthCare expenditure from current 1.15% of GDP to 2.5% of GDP by year 2025.The PMASBY will be addition to that and will have its own budgetary allocation.
- It will also be in addition to the National Health Mission which is also targeting to improve Health of Indians.
Focus of PM Atma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana.
- Developing capacities of health systems and institutions at all levels viz. Primary, secondary and tertiary.
- Preparing health systems to respond effectively to current and future disasters/ pandemics.
- Targets to build an IT enabled disease surveillance system by starting networking of laboratories at block, district, regional and national levels.
- Strengthening Health Units at Point of Entry that is Airports, Seaports and land crossings to effectively detect and combat public health emergencies and Diseases outbreaks.
- Increased Investment and support research including Biomedical research to develop core capacity to deliver ONE Health approach that is to Prevent, Detect, and Respond to infectious diseases outbreaks in Animals and Humans.
How will the scheme achieve its target?
The PM Atma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana targets to achieve its goals through following initiatives by FY 25-26.
- By providing support to 17,788 rural Health and Wellness centres in 10 High Focus States.
- By establishing 11,024 Urban Health and Wellness centres in all the States.
- Setting up Integrated Public Health Labs in all districts, and 3382 Block Public Health Units in 11 High Focus States.
- Setting up Critical care Hospitals blocks in 602 districts and in 12 Central Institutions.
- Strengthening of the National Center for Disease Control (NCDC), its 5 regional branches and 20 metropolitan health surveillance units.
- Integrated Health Information Portal will be expanded to include all public health labs in all States.
- Public Health Units at Entry points of Airports, Seaports, and Land Crossings which are now 33 in number will be strengthened and 17 more new health units will be established.
- It will also set up 15 Health Emergency Operation Centres and 2 Mobile Hospitals.
- It will also setup
- a National Institution for ONE Health.
- A Regional Research platform for WHO South East Asia region.
- 9 Biosafety level III laboratories
- 4 regional National institutes of Virology.
Download PM Atma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana