Table of Contents
Unique Land Parcel Identification Number system | ULPIN The Aadhaar for land
Government of India will soon roll out a Unique Land Parcel Identification Number system in the country allotting distinct IDs for each land parcel. The Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN) scheme has been launched in ten States this year.
Features of ULPIN
- The unique ID will be of 14 digits for every plot of land in the country
- identification will be based on the longitude and latitude coordinates of the land parcel
- The ULPIN system has already been successfully carried out in a number of states on pilot basis.
- In the ULPIN system, there will be a unique ID for each land parcel.
- This is the next step in the Digital India Land Records Modernisation Programme (DILRMP), which began in 2008
- It would be based on the Geo reference coordinate of vertices of the parcel.
- This would be of international standard and in compliance with the Electronic Commerce Code Management Association standard and Open Geospatial Consortium standards.
- It will provide compatibility so that all states can adopt it easily.
- It will enable in keeping the land records always up-to-date.
- A link of all property transactions would get established.
Benefits of ULPIN
- The system would ensure delivery of citizen services of land records through a single window.
- ULPIN land database to be integrated with revenue court records, bank records, and Aadhaar
- ULPIN would also ensure sharing of land records data across departments, financial institutions and all stakeholders.
- Proper land statistics and land accounting through ULPIN system will also help develop land banks and lead towards Integrated Land Information Management System.
ULPIN has been launched under the Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme of 2008-09, So lets have a look at Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme.
Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme (DILRMP)
Government of India, in 2008-09 launched Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme (DILRMP).It was launched to digitize and modernize land records and develop a transparent and Integrated Land Information Management System (ILIMS) in the country. It is the vision of the Government of India to complete computerization/digitisation of land records in entire country by the Financial Year 2023-24.
Innovative initiatives taken under the DILRMP
1. National Generic Document Registration System (NGDRS)
- It provided ‘One Nation One Software’ for registration of documents and properties to empower citizens of India.
- Launched / under implementation in 10 States / Union Territories: Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Goa, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Mizoram, Manipur and Punjab.
- Benefiting 10.47 crore population.
- Its benefits are reduction in land disputes, check on fraudulent transactions, SMS and email enabled alerts related to transactions on property.
- External system integrations can be provided as required (i.e. e-Sign, e-KYC, Payment Gateways, PAN Verification) and will improve ranking of the India in Ease of Doing Business at world level forum and provide ease of living to the people.
2. Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN)
The unique ID will be of 14 digits for every plot of land in the country
LEARN MORE about ULPIN from PIB
Learn About PM Atma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana
|Art & Culture|
|Amaravati school of arts|
|Rivers In India|
|River Godavari Map||Krishna river Map|
|Brahmaputra river tributaries map||Indus river system|
|Tapti River and tribuataries|
|Important Schemes 2021|
|National Policy for Rare Diseases 2021||Unique Land Parcel Identification Number system|
|Gram Ujala scheme||PM Atma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana|
|New IT and Social Media Rules 2021|