Red sea and Red Sea Countries.
Table of Contents
- Red sea extends from Bab el-Mandeb Strait to Gulf of Suez,
- length 1930 km approx.
- Red sea is actually a part of the Great Rift Valley of Africa
- North of REDSEA- Gulf of Aqaba, Gulf of Suez (leading to the Suez Canal), Sinai Peninsula.
- South of REDSEA- Bab el Mandeb strait, Gulf of Aden.
- it is one of the most heavily travelled waterways on the globe, carrying maritime traffic between Europe and Asia.
Why Redsea is called Redsea?
- Normally, the Red Sea is an intense blue-green
- However, it is populated by extensive blooms of the algae Trichodesmium erythraeum occasionally, which, upon dying off, turn the sea a reddish brown colour, which gives it the name Redsea.
The six countries bordering the Red Sea are
- Saudi Arabia
Suez Canal has been in the news for the EVERGIVEN ship blockade in the 2021, which also makes Red Sea an important topic for Exam.
Download Red sea countries Map
Learn about All 42 Ramsar sites in India with Map